1. Have been trying out the simulator package on investopedia. Ultimately looking for a good way of taking students into a good real-world-like market environment. This is worth a look.
2. Kevin O'Rourke on the importance of economic history.
3. Princeton putting in place a rule that academics cannot hand over their copyright - link here
4. Short piece in Business Week by Dan Ariely on how to pay people
5. Binder and Coad JEBO article on using quantile regressions to analyse well-being distributions.