1. Tim Harford on research about the selfishness of economists
2. VOX article on 11 lessons we can learn from Iceland's collapse
3. Rational Irrationality show us what a bubble looks like
4. Yale interview with Betsy Stephenson on the economics of happiness
5. Bayesian Heresy recommends Jared Diamond's new work on Natural Experiments in history. Will be taking up that recommendation.
6. Karl Whelan points to important new research by the Central Bank using SILC data to model mortgage indebtedness at the household level
7. From the Youtube vaults . Someone had the idea of overlaying Arvo Part's Magnificat on top of archive footage of daily life in Philadelphia and surrounding areas in the 1950s. The result is stunning and worth a few minutes if you want to do some deep thinking about society and the economy.