1. Some very interesting RSA talks relevant to readers here
2. Richard Thaler article on smart disclosure and the mortgage market in the NYT
3. Peter Ubel's new book "Critical Decisions How You and Your Doctor Can Make the Right Medical Choices Together"
4. Kevin O'Rourke on the collapse in trust in EU institutions
5. "Nudge, Nudge: Can Software Prod Us Into Being More Civil?" Piece in the Atlantic by Evan Selinger (h/t Kyle Whyte)
6. "Empirics and Psychology: Eight of the World’s Top Young Economists Discuss Where Their Field Is Going"
7. As I have often done, I would encourage all social scientists to look at the Dutch LISS panel data. Really one of the best resources for social science in the world.
8. Why is everyone on the internet so angry?
9. A sceptical view of the readiness of large online classes
10. The Human Development Index webpage has some great data and resources including this map of human development.
11. Office of Tobacco Control Website in Ireland has useful trend and demographic information on smoking. As figure below shows, on the way down.
12. Stumbling and Mumbling Blog -Welfare States as Investments