The Critical Issues in Irish Society Network wishes to announce a call for abstracts for a one-day conference, Health in Crisis?
Following on from the success of last year’s seminar series, the CIISN present the one-day conference ‘Health in Crisis?’. This conference will bring together PhD students, researchers and prominent international academics, as well as health campaigners from the public eye to discuss issues critical to health and well being in our society. It will offer researchers the opportunity to network, as well as a chance to reach new audiences beyond the academic sphere.
Presentations and presentation posters will be structured around streams that include:
1. Experiences of Health and Illness
2. Chronic conditions
3. Patient organisation and support groups
4. Health policy, service delivery and organisation
5. Health technologies and genetics
7. Gender& Ethnicity
8. Life-course: reproductive health, ageing, death and dying
10. Individual, collective and global risk
11. Preventive Health
The abstract submission is now open. Closing deadline is Friday 24th February2012.
The conference will be held in University College Dublin April 2012.
Upcoming details will be available on http://ciisn.wordpress.com/