1. Do we need a "jobs czar"?
2. Chris Horn on the Irish Economy
3. The L.A. Times on the Irish Economy
4. The Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education (COACHE)
5. Seeking Alpha on last Thursday's U.S. jobless claims report; the story features some graphs from Blytic.com that are worth checking out
6. The Smart Data Collective: The Data-Driven Enterprise Community; their blog recently featured a critical review of McKinsey's guide to behavioural economics for marketers
7. Intelligent Enterprise: "Possibly the most important factor influencing the spread of predictive analytics is the growing popularity of R... Vendors, including IBM SPSS, Information Builders and SAS are incorporating R." More here.