1. Do happy people have fewer heart attacks?
2. Obama advisor Austan Goolsbee on the importance of "the first job after graduation": NYT 2006
3. This week's U.S. jobs measure: payroll tax exemption, and tax breaks for capital expenditure
4. CIRGE: the Center for Innovation and Research in Graduate Education
5. Panel Conditioning and Attrition in the AP-Yahoo! News Election Panel Study
6. Tomorrow's edition of The Economist runs with the following lead-story: "The Data Deluge - and How To Handle It"
7. Job Opportunities at Yahoo!: the tech giant recently advertised for Ph.D. graduates in Microeconomics