Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Links 11-01-10

I don't think it is technically the 11th in this timezone anymore but hopefully readers will forgive me. With the return of students and other issues, I think daily links will not be a feature for too much longer, but here are today's links.

1. Kevin O'Rourke summarising recent discussions on social democracy and growth. Fairness matters .

2. The Road to Serfdom - This is the next bookclub. As soon as I get a small quorum I will announce a time. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading back over it carefully and it has given me fresh energy to think about the Libertarian Paternalism debate. Look forward to talking it through.

3. Stumbling and Mumbling blogpost  on the recent Case and Paxon paper on effects of early conditions

4. Becker/Posner on happiness in America. Be grateful everyone that these intellectual giants blog every week, whether you agree with them or not.

5. Economix Blog - Recent posts on employment (among other things) full of interesting ideas.

6.  National Centre for the Protection of Older  People Seminar Series (thanks for reminder Michael)

7. Goldman et al VOX article on the economics of the war on Cancer. Once again, recent VOX articles are very thought-provoking.

No comments: