In terms of the main resolution, then barring unforeseen events we will continue the blog throughout the year. Some features for New Year are below. As usual, please feel free to email to suggest content or structure.
1. More Video and Audio from events here. We have been recording almost all Geary events this year and these will feature more on the blog over 2010.
2. More guest posts. This will start very soon. Suggestions (via email) please.
3. We will get the look right this year. Anyone who knows how I dress will know why the blog looks the way it does. I was not gifted with a refined sense of visual design and we do not have specific resources for development of this blog. We will get there though. I confidently predict that the blog will be a shining example of elegance and functionality by next new year's celebrations.
4. Greater use of the blog to trigger "in-person" events. A blog is not a perfect substitute for seminar-style events even if it has some key advantages (e.g. hyperlinking). Book clubs and the further development of our monday morning sessions here are two such events that will be promoted more.
5. Greater use of the blog as a "nudge". The upcoming funding and conference deadlines have been handy this year. At present, I have a large set of "basecamp" projects that works to remind me of deadlines, seminars, milestones for projects and so on. I am working out the best way of using the blog for this, without cluttering it with material that is too specific.