Monday, December 14, 2009

Health Symposium

My sincerest thanks to all speakers and attendees today, and to Phillipa Barrington and Emma Barron for making sure everything went smoothly. The presentations by Syvlana Cote, Mark McGovern, Alan Fernihough, Peter Carney, Sarah Gibney, Eibhlin Hudson, Michael Daly, Leah Quinlivan, Lorna Sweeney and Kevin Malone were all excellent. The final session was particularly impressive and represents over a decade of research by Professor Malone and his research team.

I will post details of some of the talks on this blog over the next week or so. If you attended today and would like further information then feel free to email either me or any of the speakers.

Between the regular series, the crisis event, the economics/psychology session, the education session, today's health event and other once off events, this has been a remarkable few months of intellectual energy and activity. I count myself very lucky to be part of this. I hope people will stick with this in the New Year and keep up the momentum.

No comments: